10 things I definitely learned while working as a makeup artist :
– moisturizer is as good as primer for oily skin. If you have an oily skin refrain from putting in a primer. If you do need the reassurance, use very little primer.
– concealer is a great highlighter, but highlighter is NOT a concealer!
– eye primer is a must !
– sponge applicators are lifesavers
– darker the skin tone , tone down on the blush
– your skin’s health can be well understood by anyone if you don’t do a good job, first the eyes and then the face!
– contouring should only be done on the temples and parts of your cheek area depending on the kind of cheekbones you have !
– if you want to look naturally pretty , don’t use highlighters and visible shaded blushes
– avoid using lipstick and lipgloss together , mostly the colors look plastic
– while applying foundation, always apply downward